Sunday, September 28, 2008

Taking Care

Question for the day:
Do men want to feel taken care of?

My husband and I are both independent people who have difficulty working together as partners. We each have our own way of doing things and, frankly, having to check in with someone else sometimes just flat out bugs me. It's the truth.
Anyway, I'v recently been feeling overwhelmed by responsibilty and feeling decidedly un-"taken care of". I work. I plan. I think think think I'm always thinking about how I can do more more more. There's so much to be done and only so much time to do it all. When I get overwhelmed (and I do often), all this thinking denigrates to if only I could count on my husband.....you get the picture and it ain't a pretty one. So this morning I was whining to a friend.....
After we got off the phone, I got to thinking about something....my friend is VERY busy too and she makes her husband breakfast every morning--sometimes she just toasts and butters a bagel but still, she also buys his clothes....I don't do these things .....

Sent from my Palm Treo

No comments: