Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where ya' been?

So today I went to a meeting for a professional organization that I belong to. Each month, we have these educational offerings but I have been busy either at patient appointments or tending to Jack. I last attended one of the meetings about a year ago. I used to make room on my calendar to attend these meetings at least every 2 or 3 months but for the last 3 years it's been a bit harder to get there. So today, I went and saw a few people that I have not seen in a while. It's surprising how many people think that I have either changed jobs or am no longer working since Jack's birth. I don't know. It's just weird to me that people would assume that I stopped working. I bust my butt so that I can work a full-time job and do my job well AND be an active Mom but people I meet and know tend to label me either a stay-at-home Mom who has time on my hands now that Jack is in preschool OR a working Mom who never saw Jack anyway. What gives?

Sent from my Palm Treo

No comments: