Saturday, September 26, 2009

1st Day of 30 Day Shred

Other bloggers raved about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred so I jumped on the band wagon. Today was my 1st workout. I try to watch any workout video before I do to make sure that I understand the instructions and mostly so I get the "this is how not to injure yourself" tips. Jack loved watching the work out and kept hollering "Work out" but then he wanted me to "bounce high!" That means he wants me to sit on the exercise ball and bounce him. After we had several discussions (ahem, so we each had our individual breakdowns sort of), we agreed that I would just spend those 20 minutes doing the workout video then I'd be back to playing with him. He ran around while I worked out and tried to grab me a time or two. Oh my goodness, I did not realize that my cardio endurance was so poor. I know Jillian says not to modify the jumping jacks but I had to slow down the jacks and the butt kicks. I have a ways to go but I'm feeling good. And I sweated a lot. Who knew you could get such a good workout in 20 minutes?

Sent with Wireless Sync from Verizon Wireless

No comments: