Sunday, November 1, 2009

Adding Veggies

I recently wrote a post about healthy eating for kids on my other blog. I did not have any pictures to post for my smoothie recipe. Well, it's not really my recipe. It's Alisa's recipe that I adapt as needed depending on ingredients any given day. I really wish I had gotten my camera out earlier this particular day because I had one of those classic tv comedy moments--blender explosion! You know the scene where the stuff in the blender comes popping out everywhere including in the hair of everbody in the kitchen? Yep, that was me. Anyway, I got everything cleaned up and started over. Oh, what caused the explosion? Well, I had my frozen banana in a plastic bag and left the blender whirring as I was dropping the frozen banana into the blender. The banana stuck to the bag and I accidentally dropped banana and bag in the blender...cue the laugh track.
Okay so back to the non-comedy....
1st I blended some water, 1/2 frozen banana, and several strawberries....

.

Pretty, isn't it? Next is the secret ingredient that you do not taste...


Too bad you can see it...

Never fear, frozen blueberries to the rescue...

Much prettier, no?


And here's a shot of the happy kiddo getting some very nutritious fruits and veggies without any added sugar or preservatives or artificial colors or other junk.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's awesome! I'm going to have to try that soon!

Beth @ UnskinnyBoppy said...

Nice! Sneaky, but I like it.